Video conferencing has been one such technology that has connected the entire world and further fuelled the concept of globalization.
In this article, we will explain the concept of video conferencing in comprehensive details along with everything else you need to know about this technology.
Part 1 A Quick Guide on Explaining What Video Conferencing Technology Is
In this section, we will explain video conferencing in vivid detail. From what it actually is to how it works and its types, we will explain the concept of video conferencing in clear and simple terms.
1. What is Video Conferencing Explain How It Works?
If you want to explain video conferencing in technical terms, then it can be defined as an online technology which allows different participants belonging from different locations to hold face-to-face meetings with the help of the Internet.
This entire process enables users on both ends to see, hear, and talk to each other in real time, no matter their location.
2. What Equipment is Needed for Video Conferencing?
● Display unit：Laptop, PC or TV screen and even a smartphone or tablet.
● Audio and Video Input Unit：Microphones and cameras which can be built-in or webcams, USB microphones, etc.
● Audio Output Unit：Speakers which can also be external speakers or VoIP conferencing devices.
● Internet Connection：WiFi or ethernet.
● Video Conferencing Software：Any suitable video conferencing tool or app.
3. What is Video Conferencing and Its Types?
To explain the concept of video conferencing in a more comprehensive manner, you must know the different types of video conferencing common across the globe.
● Telepresence Video Conferencing System：Executed with the help of multiple screens or monitors.
● Desktop Video Conferencing System：A single computer or laptop holds all the video conferencing hardware and software.
● Room-Based Video Conferencing：A dedicated room with built-in video conferencing technology and equipment.
Based on the people participating in the conference, video conferencing can be divided into two categories which are:
● Multipoint conferencing：Multipoint video conferencing involves three or more participants.
● Point-to-point conferencing：There are only two participants communicating in real time in such a video conference.
4. What is Video Conferencing Give Examples?
A Global Market Insight study revealed that video calling is a $14 billion industry and has a 20% projected CAGR by 2027.
● Team meetings within an organization held over a video call.
● Webinars are specialized online presentations that educate participants.
● Customer support over video calls is also another example of single point video conferencing.
● Job interviews held over video calls especially amidst the recent COVID-19 pandemic situation.
Part 2 What Other Tools Go Well with Video Conferencing?
There are also some other tools that go well with video conferencing. When we explain video conferencing, these must be mentioned.
1. Project Management
Project management tools are essential in today’s time and can help in the automation of workflow with more seamless operations.
2. Communication Tools
For quick and impromptu conversations within the organization, instant messaging tools like Microsoft Teams, etc can be very useful.
3. White boarding
Along with video conferencing, white boarding is one of the latest trends adopted by businesses for better sharing of ideas, brainstorming within a team and making visual concepts more comprehensible.
Wondershare Anireel - Easy Tool for Creating Animated Explainer Videos
1,435 people have downloaded it.
Built-in rich animation templates, including characters, actions, props, text, audio. Drag and drop to use for ease
Easy Text-to-Speech conversion through deep learning technology.
Anireel can animate built-in and imported material. It includes intro & outro animations and keyframing function for more versatility.
Anireel will instantly match your script to rich animations, convert the text into voice over, and generate complete and vivid Animated Explainer Videos.
Each animated character speaks in sync with accurate mouth movements according to the audio.
Part 3 Top Uses for Video Conferencing Technology
Let us take a look at the 5 top uses of video conferencing.
● Team Meetings
With a proper set-up and better equipment, any organization can conduct team meetings over video conferencing apps and can enhance collaboration and efficiency through the same.
● Webinars and Product Demos
A lot of information can be transmitted over video conferences. From webinars to product demos for both employees and customers, businesses can make better use of their resources, time and efforts.
● Job Interviews
Job interviews over a video conference is one of the top uses of the technology in recent times. With the COVID-19 pandemic at large and travel restrictions, a lot of organizations are asking candidates to appear for an interview on video call.
● Remote Workforce Support
Be it training or clearance of doubts, video conferencing opens up multiple channels to offer support to the workforce and a lot of organizations are making use of it as well.
● Customer Support
Customers expect a personalized experience and nothing can be better than a one-to-one video call for customer support.
● With the advancement of technology, video conferencing has now become more accessible and affordable.
● Even small businesses can make use of video conferencing without much resources, complex equipment or any need to hire technical experts.
● You will also find some additional tools that can be used along with video conferencing and also the key uses and benefits of video conferencing.
● Video conferencing has varied applications in today’s time and businesses of all sizes and kinds can make use of them to enhance efficiency and collaboration within the organization.