There's no denying the fact that explainer videos have become the next big thing in the marketing world.
It's important to choose a right explainer video design that caters to your target audience. In this guide, we'll take a look at the different characteristics of an explainer video and how you can pick the right design for your video to maximize its reach.
Part 1 Why Are Explainer Videos So Popular Now?
Since the majority of consumers prefer watching videos, explainer videos can help you expand your customer base quite conveniently. Another benefit why explainer videos are so popular is that they are highly cost-effective.
The best part is you can publish these videos across various social media platforms and engage your target customers easily. These are a couple of reasons why explainer videos are so popular in the modern-day marketing realm.
Part 2 What Makes a Good Explainer Video?
To make your journey much easier, we have listed 5 of the best editing tools that you can use to create visually stunning explainer videos for various marketing campaigns.
1. Wondershare Anireel
Wondershare Anireel is a feature-packed animation maker that's primarily designed to create explainer animated videos. It offers a wide range of features that'll allow designers to showcase their creativity and create stunning explainer videos. Anireel comes with various drag-&-drop features that you can integrate into your project with one click. The tool also has built-in animations, templates, stickers, characters that'll help you enhance the overall quality of your explainer video.
● Animate different visual objects with one-click
● Character lip-sync to synchronize the voiceover with the lip movement
● Built-in animations, templates, video effects, etc.
● Easy-to-use timeline-based user interface
We make video animation better for everyone. Electrifying features that satisfy your imagination.
Animaker is a cloud-based animation maker that's designed for both beginners as well as experienced designers. It offers an easy-to-use interface that supports drag-&-drop compatibility. This means even if it's your first animation video, Animaker will allow you to get the job done without any hassle.
● The built-in character creator to design custom characters for your explainer video
● Even the free version has several built-in templates
● The customer support is extremely reliable
Powtoon is one of the most popular animation makers that many designers use to create animated short clips. However, due to its extensive range of features, you can also use Powtoon to create animated explainer videos for different marketing campaigns.
● User-friendly and easy-to-navigate interface
● Extensive collection of ready-to-use cartoon characters
● Web-based animation maker
● It's quite easier to collaborate with other designers on the same project using Powtoon
Vyond is a relatively new video editor that offers different applications. Apart from visually appealing explainer videos, you can also use Vyond to create commercials, short videos for social media, and regular videos for your YouTube channel.
● Create characters within a few easy steps
● Vyond has a built-in library of templates, explainer video designs, and custom characters
● User-friendly interface with drag-&-drop features
● One of the most affordable animation makers in the market
Biteable is another beginner-friendly video editing tool that offers dozens of features that make it a reliable tool to create explainer videos. The tool has an exclusive list of explainer video designs that designers can customize via an easy-to-navigate editing panel.
● Short-video templates for social media posts.
● An extensive media library that's well-organized.
● There are regular software updates for Biteable, which means you'll have access to unlimited content all the time.
Part 3 Want Design Tips & Explainer Video Trends?
Now that you're familiar with various tools that you can use to create explainer video designs, let's take a look at some of the widely successful explainer video examples.
Ahrefs explainer video is the perfect example of how you can use different elements like voiceover and high-end graphics to create well-optimized explainer videos.
2. McDonald's History
Though the video isn't released by McDonald's, the designer still deserves our hats-off. In this video, you'll see that the designer has used a traditional theme with appropriate color combinations to showcase McDonald's entire history in a quick video.
3. Purina Cat Food
Purnia, an Australian cat-food brand, has released a series of explainer videos that showcase how their product can uplift the life of a cat. This explainer video is the reason why the company has managed to sell thousands of bags across different corners of the world.
4. National History Museum
The National History Museum released an explainer video that talked about the formation of Dinosaur fossils. This explainer video is the perfect example of how to explain a concept while keeping the viewers engaged throughout the video.
AllTrails has also done an incredible job with their explainer video. The company first laid out the problem that their target customers usually face and then explained how their product could help people tackle this problem more effectively.
NetworkRMIT created this incredible explainer video to showcase different courses available at their university and how they could help students grow in their respective careers.
When Acast first launched its podcast platform, they stepped into the market with this amazing explainer video that started with talking about challenges people face while creating podcasts and how ACast's tool can help them overcome these challenges easily.
8. Brightly V3
Brightly is a popular 3D animation maker that many editors use in their daily life. The best part about this explainer video is that BrightlyV3 has showcased how their tool can be used to create visually enticing explainer videos.
Some Final Thoughts
● Explainer videos are becoming widely popular and they have become the go-to marketing tool for marketers to promote products and services.
● But since every brand has started to create explainer videos, it's crucial that your video has all the elements that make it stand out among the competition.
● To do this, all you have to do is choose the right type of explainer video design, pick the right editing tool, and implement the most suitable practices to create an engaging explainer video for the target audience.